View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 10:26 PM   #10
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakersfish View Post
<snip>
3. You can override the system at the controller to move your slide all the way in or out. Press the button 6 times, hold it on the 7th until the lights flash and you’ll have 2 minutes to get your slide where you need it to be. This is assuming you have a sensor problem like I did and the motor still functions.
4. You can “disconnect” your slide if all else fails. Remove the outside retaining screw and access the motors (both of them). Once the retaining screws are out, you can pop up the motor and remove the shaft from the mount. You can then push or pull your slide in to travel
</snip>
This is a terrific write up on the Schwintek slide system. I read it numerous times before attacking my son's non-functional slide problem. His right side motor is inop - probably wet and rusty being stored outside in Seattle. I also went through the Lippert Institute video course on the Schwintek system along with numerous You Tube videos.

I thought Step #3 (6 + 1 long button depressions) would bypass the counter circuit and allow the one motor to work while pushing on the dead motor side. Not so much. Apparently both motors have to run to use this method?

We also removed both wire bundles from the controller to Motor #1 and Motor #2. This ostensibly disengages the motor "lock" and allows you push the slide out manually. The two of us were unable to budge it. Now it is a fairly large slide and of course the RV is parked on a slope where we are pushing the slide uphill.

Have you tried the manual movement of a slide like this? As the slide is IN, we can't access the retaining screw from the outside. Removing the exterior slide molding is not our first choice. Removing the screw would allow us to lift the motor from the inside and not have to fight the gear box to manually move the slide.

It is so frustrating to not be able to move the slide the 6" needed to access the motor retaining screw so we can replace the dead motor with a new one.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote