View Single Post
Old 08-18-2021, 07:53 AM   #72
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrvman View Post
Google search
I guess i was being lazy, too. I Googled, and from their website, "WorstBrands.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com." I don't think anyone could make a rationale decision about RV tires based on their "list."

We know from experience that tire companies have produced good and bad tires, and that most companies produce a wide range of tires for different applications. Just using GY as an example, some of their P-rated tires have been crap, but currently their ST Endurance has been a winner. The only sure way to be confident in a product is through testing, and I'm unaware of any entity that tests ST tires.

Thus, we're dependent on anecdotal evidence reported by ourselves. Most recently, we've learned that some Sailuns are being made in Vietnam, and we're starting to hear of some failures, where Sailuns from China have previously been held in high regard by most of us. Because of that new knowledge, I might not replace my Sailuns with any made in Vietnam, but time will be telling. I subscribe to Abraham Lincoln's advice not to believe everything I read on the Internet.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote