Thread: Fresh water
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 02:50 PM   #11
Fishin2dMax
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20689
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead86 View Post
Help!! I cant find it. my freshwater tank goes empty with the pump turned off and we are on city water. It will loose almost a full tank of water in a little over a month, We are parked in a campground for 6 months. There is no sign of a leak anywhere. No wet spots under the camper but about 60 gallons disappear. If the pump was on I would say I must not have heard it run. But it is loud and turned off. Thanks I know there are some good heads out there.
Even if you're connected to city water directly with a pressure reducer, I've had my pump run for very short spurts even with city water connected, I discovered it occurred during times of low city water pressure and my pump switch was in the on position by mistake. Also, had a similar issue but in reverse, I found a bad check valve causing my city water to slowly fill the water tank. I guess it could be remotely possible to have a bad check valve (or installed backwards) allow water to be siphoned from the fresh water tank when using city water.