View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 02:24 PM   #1
Goin 4 Broke
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15975
Skirting separation

This past week while traveling eastbound on I10 across the Florida panhandle in high winds, the skirting on my 2013 3900FB blew out. By that I mean that the lower aluminum panel from the front propane door to the rear main slide on the drivers side detached and was flapping in the breeze. I pulled over as soon as I saw the condition. Luckily the panel did not crease or deform too badly, however I cannot get it back up in the plastic channel.

For the meantime, I have used an excessive amount of gorilla tape to hold it just under the channel as well as few self tapping screws with fender washers in a horizontal aluminum beam I saw about 3 inches below the channel.

I also replaced the screws underneath into the frame that had corroded/elongated the holes and broke loose.

My question to this forum is how do I get the panel back up into the channel? Do I need to remove the entire plastic channel?

Or should I just bite the bullet and take the rig into the dealer and deal with an insurance claim?

Has anyone repaired this panel? Can I allow it to ride about 1/2 to 3/4 inch below the plastic channel and just rely on silicone adhesive? Any and all thoughts are appreciated.
Goin 4 Broke is offline   Reply With Quote