View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 08:12 PM   #9
LERD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierp View Post
Yes, I loosened the screws (removed them), but it still didn't want to come off cleanly. I then put them back in to create tension and broke it free from the faucet side. That still didn't free it up enough to remove it by hand (after releasing the screws again.)

I tried to inject some WD40 on to the threads, but that didn't help much.

I suspect that by cutting off the lead lines (good idea!) that I could wrangle it free more easily, but due to the need to keep the existing one functional until I get the correct parts, I couldn't get overly aggressive.

My bigger concern is getting the right threads on the lead line. Adding a nipple into the existing fitting is an idea, though I'm quite comfortable just putting a new fixture on the PEX. What level of confidence do 'we' have in it being a compression thread? If it is, the new lead parts all come with the nut and ring. Can I just set those aside when I make the attachment? Extra parts scare me.

J
I would venture to say that more than likely the threads on your pex line will be the NPT standard threads. These are the threads you would use either pipe dope or teflon tape on. Most of the time they (manufacturers) are assuming your adding a stop or shut off valve in-between the line and the faucet. On the faucet side, they are mostly 3/8 ,compression nuts. A simple nipple of the NPT thread on one side to the 3/8 compression on the other side will work. Or just add a shut-off, it's up to you. Either way, don't forget your pipe dope or tape on the NPT side. Good luck
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote