Thread: Basement heat
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 08:45 AM   #4
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
I can answer some of that based on my model 2019 3130re.
1. Your underbelly is heated from the furnace. There is a duct that comes off the furnace and goes down to your grey and black tanks. When I opened my basement walls to check things out I found this duct just laying on top of the floor. I redirected it to in-between the grey and black tank so it actually provides heat to them and the valves.

2. The "Tank Heater" switches turn on the tank heaters mounted to the bottom of each tank. The switch lights up when turned on BUT the tank heaters have a built in thermostat. On at 45⁰F off at 65⁰F. The fuse for them is the red inline fuse in the corner above the hydraulic pump motor in the forward battery compartment. This fuse also goes to the hydraulic Leveling system control panel.

3. Furnace propane consumption. We were stopped overnight in Percival Springs IL in an ice storm. It got down to 22⁰F and it was blowing. The camp host warned us it was coming when we checked in. After dinner we pulled in all our slides and went to bed. The furnace ran all night. Our ducts are not blocked by having the slides in. We had full tanks. By morning the drivers side was completely iced over with about 1/2" of ice. We went through 2/3 of a 30 gal tank. I have Mopeka propane tank monitors. Excellent for keeping an eye on your propane tanks.
We did have issues in the beginning with lighting the furnace off, but that's another story.

Sorry first picture is upside-down
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement plumbing underbelly heating duct.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	10354   Click image for larger version

Name:	Basement Black tank top underbelly heating duct.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	10355  
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote