Thread: Basement heat
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 09:00 AM   #5
EllsworthToohey
Established Member

M.O.C. #29777
Nice. Great responses. I will look more into the ductwork into underbelly. I am kinda stunned that a 30lb bottle will only last a few days! That sounds expensive @ $28 per fill.

Here is the big take away though, all of you have mentioned individual heat pads attached to the underside of the tanks. I have no such heaters on my tank and my '06 3670RL has the Arctic Package so it might be that all my tanks have been replaced at some point and the heat pads not replaced as if they might have been permanently fixed to original tanks??? Mysteries abound in RV land. I bet live aboard boaters suffer these same mysteries when they buy used.

So to be clear, the HEAT switch on the tank level monitor would activate the electric heat pads fixed to the tanks? The Heat switch has nothing to do with the propane furnace? I have my belly opened up as far as the axles forward, so will double check all the visible tanks (except fresh - I'll tackle THAT after I complete the issues I have with the Galley tank (another topic)
EllsworthToohey is offline   Reply With Quote