View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 07:39 AM   #1
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
New Sailun Tire Issue

We are on our way to Alaska and stopped at Billings, Montana. I had a Sailun slip a belt before we left (using spare) and Arkware had a replacement for me. Planned on having it swapped along the way. Well, we pulled over for lunch and Ron noticed a separation above the bead with cords showing on door side rear. As soon as we arrived at Billings we had the tire looked at and decided that I had two tires requiring replacement (opposite side had a smaller slit in the same spot above the bead). These tires were new in 2021 and have about 25k miles on them. Well, Walmart had a week wait to get Sailun’s, Big O is now asking $280/tire (and the closest is over 100 miles) and we need to keep moving. So, Discount Tire is going to put Hartland G series commercial All Steel 235 85R 16’s on this morning. I have always had good luck with Discount Tire and this is their house brand. The reviews look favorable for what I could find. They have a similar actual weight and their specs are similar or better than my two preferred tires - Sailun or G614’s. Surprisingly, Discount didn’t carry the G614 (at least not in Montana). Keep an eye out for tire slits above the bead. These are the trailing tires, so they probably get more sidewall stress.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote