View Single Post
Old 06-03-2023, 07:44 PM   #7
randerson1
Established Member

M.O.C. #11585
We fixed our LCI TV Lift problem. Purchased a Step Motor GMX 300-1406 from Amazon and this solved the problem of the TV not wanting to raise from the cabinet. I never heard back from the Lippert support from when I posted the issue, nor did I I hear back from Tech Support when I called in with the issue. On the phone they were helpful, but promised to send installation specs for my outdated TV Lift model…not sure if they could find it.
The recommended replacement options were the Sleeve Nut first and then the Step Motor. I did it in reverse since the fault pointed towards the Step Motor IMHO. Regardless of what model TV Lift you may have, remove the TV so you can release the pressure on the Sleeve Nut which connects to the Step Motor. Looking at my model closely, I was able to get the bad Step Motor out and then reconnect everything with the good one installed. It was about a 40 minute job to include taking it apart, looking it over, changing the parts, reassembling and cleaning up. I did one extra step and that was to install a new switch for the manual raising/ lowering of the TV since we never had a remote.
I honestly think the original step motor had issues from the start in 2011 since we always had to hold the UP button on the switch to raise it. The new step motor allows you to press the switch’s UP button once and it will raise with the topper attached to the TV Lift frame (about 10-15 lbs).
randerson1 is offline   Reply With Quote