View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 08:19 PM   #3
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarwin View Post
I have a 2019 3931FB. The window shade at the dining table and the shade next to the theater seat will not lock in position. I've looked at the cornice but am not sure how to remove them for repair. Does anyone know how to do this or have a couple of pictures of how to remove them? Thanks
Just took two of mine down to replace broken brackets.

First, you have to remove the valance. On mine, there is a screw in the bottom of each corner holding it to the wall. Then remove the screws holding the valance to the bracket or to an overhead cabinet.

Once the valance is out of the way, push on the end of the bracket towards the wall. A spring loaded latch will release the back of the shade rail, tip the back down and the front will come off.

As stated, get some help with the long ones or you will probably break something.

On another note, as per Irving, Keystone does not install enough brackets; that is why mine are breaking. I have installed extra brackets on the long shades; one every 12". You should also check to make sure the brackets are installed securely (as securely as you can to really thin plywood); the factory does not do a good job. I also installed a ty-wrap around the shade and each bracket as insurance.

Here is a photo of some broken brackets, but you can see how they work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slow Rise broken brackets -2.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	5738   Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-03 18.05.13 -2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	5739  
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote