View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 08:35 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Welcome to the forums and hope everything works out well for your "boo-boo" damage. I think everyone who has owned a camper, ever, has made some kind of "boo-boo". But these things are how we all learn and grow making us all better and knowledgeable in the end.

I've had my share of slide problems, but mine are cable driven, a totally different system. But it sounds like you're getting it fixed. RV's, campers, trailers are nothing more than wood, metal, wire, nuts and bolts with a battery thrown in there. Everything is fixable. It's just a matter of how long it takes.

For what it's worth .... brand new Montana. I JUST brought it home from the dealership. Unhitched in my driveway and proceeded to extend the slides. Very first one went fine. (Front passenger side). Second one (rear passenger side ... the bed-room) .... crunch, crunch, crunch! OH crap? What was that.

Got back there and found out a cabinet door popped open in transit (from the dealership to my my house! And the cabinet door was ripped off the hinges. It didn't hurt the slide, other than scaring the trim. But the door was toast! I called the dealership and they said, that was NOT a warranty problem. It was on me! .... my welcome to a brand spanking new Montana!

So, it can happen, and it does happen to all of us. Hang in there. It will get fixed.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote