Thread: Baggage Door
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 06:25 PM   #10
stever53
Established Member

M.O.C. #29445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
At one time Montana's came out with the swing doors BUT they had a problem with them leaking and not being able to get a solid seal to keep water out of the basement area and that is why they went to the up-swing doors. Also at one time both sides of the unit going into the basement has the Up-swing doors but they have eliminated the struts holding up the curbside door and put magnets on it to keep it open. I've done that to my 2013 3582RL and it has helped so I don't have to bend over far to get things out of that side. Improvements are slow coming but they do come along and there are folks from Keystone Montana watching this Forum for suggestions. Maybe they will come back and answer your question. Until then invest in stock in swim noodles and keep your "noggin" in tack!
I know it can be done, our previous fifth wheel 2015 Cameo had a spilt swing door and never had a problem with it leaking. I thought Keystone Montana brand was a trend setter and set standards that others try to keep up with. I hope some one from Keystone reads this and makes a response. In this day and age with all the technology out there, I find it hard to believe you (keystone) couldn’t make a single or spilt door for the baggage/basement access where there is a slide above it. COME ON KEYSTONE make the access to the basement easier. I love the access on the curb side, it swings all the open you did that right
Thanks for listening and any input you would like to make.
Safe Travels Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2F7A07DB-DA4C-4CCC-8B87-862EC2138DBB.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	11246   Click image for larger version

Name:	4668FB34-B4BC-44D5-B9C0-9894188A4496.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	11247  
2015 GMC Denali 3500 SRW CC SWB