View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 11:07 AM   #9
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Thought I would add an intersting update...

I installed a second RG6 (Cable) inpot in the convenience center, a dedicated cable run to the bedroom TV, I used a high end quad shielded RG6 at 20' (the distance from the convenience center to the Bedroom TV. I have the King Tailgater Pro Satellite that has two outputs so designed for two TV boxes (Satellite receivers). I have to give kudos to Keystone when due. After installation and then having both TVs operational 50-inch Samsung in LR and 32-inch Jensen in BR, the 50" was connected via the Montana Key TV cabling and the 32" via the new 2nd RG6 I installed.

The results were the 50" was perfect HD picture and considering the KEY TV input is in the front of the 5er and the 50" is in the back (there must be 40' of RG6 at least) it was impressive whereas the 20' of RG6 I installed produced a very poor picture (not unwatchable but not HD either). I even switched the SAT dual inputs to check that, it was not the satellite.

Now I ran the 20' RG6 through the basement (where the 3rd TV is) up to the BR TV was exactly 20', plus the 25' to the satellite itself. I was planning to install the satellite TV box behind the BR TV but have now decided to instead of using the 20' RG6 I will mount the Satellite Box in the basement just 6' from the Convenience center input and then use a powered HDMI splitter and make the long runs with the HDMI. Hopefully since the RG6 is reduced that should rectify the picture issues on the BR TV, again the LR is perfect.

As much as the Key TV and Montana cabling is question in terms of quality I can say in my Monty that I am very impressed. I assume the Key TV inputs are amplified which is why the 50" has such a great and better picture than the 32" that has a much shorter RG6 run.

Note: the Dish Wally Satellite boxes use a RF remote so you can place the Satellite Box anywhere in the RV and the remote will work. I tested it where I had the Remote for 50" which is on the back wall of the 3791RD and went to the closet which is in the front cap and the remote controlled the TV nearly 40' away through 2 walls with no issue. So when laying out your TV cabling, keep your RG6 runs as short as possible unless amplifying.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote