View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 04:50 PM   #27
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post
I will ignore all sail switch comments as you are not listening or don't understand how the furnace works.

So I tried something. Turned the gas regulator down as far as I could, got down to 6-1/2" of water. Low and behold at that pressure the furnace lit and work fine. While it was running I turned the pressure back up to 11". Expected the flame to go out as it got more gas but it never did. The exhaust coming out was really hot, as in it would burn you pretty quick if you put you hand near it. I sut it down to see if it would start again and it did! Maybe because it was hot, I don't know. I will let it cool down and see what happens. All I know is it starts on lower pressure which kinda confirms my thoughts that the gas valve in the furnace also lowers the pressure, mine does not right now.
That is different. How would a 12VDC valve control pressure though, it's a simple on/off as far as I can tell. Here is what I found.

Propane Gas Pressure
All propane appliances are designed to operate from a propane (LPG) supply that is at a standard pressure of 11 water column inches of pressure (about 3 psi). This is measured with a tool called a manometer. The LP tank pressure is much higher than 11” WC, so the pressure in the system is controlled by an LP regulator at or near the main supply tank. Either high or low pressure can cause the burner to fail to light or work improperly. Oily residue in the tank can clog the regulator, causing it to deliver gas at an incorrect pressure or sporadically. And of course an empty tank has little or no pressure. An LP regulator is not expensive, so if you suspect a problem with the gas supply, replacing the regulator is usually more cost effective than hiring a professional to test it. LP regulators are standard parts, available at any LP gas dealer and many hardware and home stores. You do not need an RV specific part, but do not use a regulator intended for natural gas.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote