View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 06:55 AM   #35
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
That wrecked Montana - most likely due to speed on a winding road. With the rain, it may have also skidded though it appeared dry when it was picked up. I'm sure that we have all experienced a white knuckle curve that suddenly appeared. Mine have been on short interstate ramps where you need to go from 60-70 mph to 25 or so and those magnet powered brakes aten't cutting it - think of the Northeast as your frame of reference - other areas will be similar.

As far as age - yep, I'm retired/elderly (tho seldom admit to that fact) so have slowed down some. I also stay in the right interstate lane as much as possible but do worry about those idiots (phones, little ol' ladies) that can't seem to understand that they need to accelerate to blend with traffic. Then there are those other idiots hauling an RV. Interstate speed in NY State is 65. I generally run 65-68 and am passed by almost every towable RV traveling well in the 70-80 mph mark. All I can think about is that most are still using China Bomb tires and the that panic stop with magnet brakes. Oh well, just don't involve me in your accident.

Licensing RV haulers - may be a good idea to at least start newbies with some simple rules of physics, but where do you end government in peoples lives ...............
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote