View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 08:10 AM   #3
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
In used trucks pricing is very subjective so, IMHO, getting a 1 ton of any of the big 3 OEM’s makes more sense than a 3/4 ton. To me a dually is always a good choice, but not always necessary. It’s always about the numbers of total loaded weight and available truck payload.

The market is changing a bit so it’s getting a little easier to sneak up on a good truck deal. Prices are still high but there are some good values out there depending on how far you’re willing to go to find the right truck. Sometimes flying somewhere and driving it back home can yield financially beneficial results.

There’s a lot of variability in truck prices depending on what your needs are. For instance, if you’re going to do a lot of traveling then a lower mile truck makes more sense…but costs more. Age is a huge factor. Trim package is another.

I pay a lot of attention to the truck market nationally so I know there are good values out there. Do you have a price range in mind along with answers to what your towing life-style is going to be?

Here’s an example of an older truck, with very low miles, that might represent a pretty good value. It would take some homework to make a good decision, but that’s true of any truck you pick

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/c...735885221.html
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote