View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 03:02 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I strongly recommend for everyone to install the accessory for the Iota converter that enables the charging system to do a 3 stage charge. The batteries will last longer and give you better service. I think Orv is right on about mixing batteries, they have to all be the same type and age.I strongly recommend for everyone to install the accessory for the Iota converter that enables the charging system to do a 3 stage charge. The batteries will last longer and give you better service. I think Orv is right on about mixing batteries, they have to all be the same type and age.

Converter (Battery charger and 12 volt power supply)

Your converter is a 55 amp. (Medium size) 15 amps to 90 amps; with a rapid charge capability.
It comes with a male plastic phone type jack taped to the unit that, when inserted, will provide a temporary rapid charge for your 12 volt storage system. (single, or multiple 12 volt batteries, or an even number of Golf Cart batteries . Normal 13.6, to 14.2 fast charge.
This is a temporary mode of operation, as it would boil, or overcharge if left in. Useful for a quick charge need.
It’s maximum amp draw is 15 amps. (A/C)
If you blow fuses, look for reverse polarity, these fuses are designed for that.
Your converter has built in protection from:
Voltage spikes
Low line voltage (power from the main, coming in to the RV) Sometimes referred to as ‘Brown out’
Your converter can be used with, OR without a battery connected with no adverse effects.
All and all a pretty sophisticated piece of equipment.
Read up on the IQ Smart charger option;
http://www.iotaengineering.com/iq.htm
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote