View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 07:52 AM   #15
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Backup camera update

I bought the VisionWorks system from TechnoRV. I chose the 5” screen monitor. It was on sale for a Black Friday price of $320. Installed the Sony camera last weekend. Very easy install. I do not have side marker cameras but I could add them to the system some day. The quality of the picture is incredible - true HD.

Had two issues during the camera pairing - which turned out not to be issues.
The camera has a pairing button you push during a 20 second pairing countdown. I followed the written instructions - but after the sequence is completed - it starts another 20 second countdown. I thought that meant pairing was unsuccessful and I turned it off to start again. I should have let it go because the monitor connects and the picture appears near the end of the second countdown.

The monitor has speakers built in on the back side. Some cameras have a built in microphone, but I did not want that feature. After the camera paired to the monitor - it started squealing sort of like an old fax machine. Called technical service. The sound is normal - just turn the volume down/off.

When I removed the Furrion camera it felt like a plastic feather. The Sony camera feels much heavier and substantial. We are taking a short trip for grandson’s 2nd birthday in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to trying this out on the road. Two thumbs up for this system from me.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote