View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 02:40 PM   #17
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandK View Post
I waited 3 months for my 2021 when they called and said they stopped the build early and I would have to wait for a 2022, no delivery date known, at least 8 months. 6 months is a long time, but times are crazy. Thankfully it’s getting better.
I found a truck on a lot, everything I wanted except the color, and I like the color better than the one I ordered. Apparently higher trim level trucks set up to haul gooseneck livestock trailers are more popular in the upper Midwest than in NY. There were quite a few at the time if I was willing to go get one.
We waited six months, some waited eight months, now they are saying the most recent orders could be ten months. Ford stopped taking orders for 2022 Super Duties the first part of April. They have enough orders to keep the line going into December. No word yet when they will start taking orders for 2023's, but it will be a while. If you find something at a dealer (unlikely), it might have a $10k-$15k markup above MSRP. I saw a F-450 on a dealer's web site; it was listed at $135k; same truck as ours except some fancy aftermarket lift kit and a $60k premium.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote