View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 09:38 AM   #52
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
This discussion has gone on across many generations with much the same thoughts on the younger folks and how the world is going downhill.

I very much doubt ,my parents or grandparents had the same thoughts about the younger generation than what I do today , being born in the 40's .

IMO growing up in the 50's ,and 60's is something that I wish all kids could of experienced , it was simple, uncomplicated ,and certainly no worries about getting shot by another classmate . Sure there were the bullies ,but apparently nothing like it is today. In all of my school years , there was never a suicide that I recall . Recently we had a local 10 year old commit suicide . It's a common occurrence with the young nowadays , that is not progress nor a better world than the 50's ,and 60's that I grew up in .

I agree totally with the OP I do not envy the younger generation ,and the world they are going to face in the coming years . History has proven what happens to all great society's, they self destruct . I am sure they never listened either to what was happening.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote