View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 02:43 PM   #42
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
It Had to Happen

Pulled out of Needles Ca onto I40 and just after crossing the state line we hit some serious whop-de-doos, felt like the trailer and truck lifted off the ground. A little ways down the road and I noticed the generator cover was lifting in the truck bed so we pulled over. We were on a tilt to the passenger side and my wife said "that seems like a lot of water coming out of the bottom of the trailer belly"
I looked and it had a blue tint to it. Only had about 8 gallons in the tank during traveling but I guess it was time.
#1 Black tank split
Got to next camp and noticed a funny smell, I thought oh no, the black tank is really gone and we are going to pollute the campground. Traced the smell the next day, strong in the garage but really strong at night on the right side of the bed when the slide is out. Checked in the Drivers side propane cabinet and it was strong there. Opened the battery bay and checked the batteries. Yup, two of the 6V batteries had gone dry. Continued on with the remaining bank of two 6V on to Colorado.
#2 Dry Batteries need replacing
Was sitting outside enjoying the evening and glanced at the trailer and the wheels. I noticed a piece of string or something from the road on one of the spokes of the rear wheel. Closer inspection showed that the wheel had actually cracked one of the spokes and it was all the way to the other side. Called GoodSam and they came to our camp within 1/2 hour and had the wheel changed for the spare.
#3 Broken Wheel Rim

Now home trying to get all the parts ordered and the repairs started.
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote