Thread: spare tire.
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 09:59 PM   #3
Pathfinder75
Established Member

M.O.C. #19500
Well I feel rotation is best for me. YES I did replace original E-rated tires shortly ofter first year of use with 5 G-rated tires and a matching spare rim for rotating.
Once a year grease bearing/suspension/tire inspection while doing rotation which has been just past 5K miles each year. That means after fifth year each tire has rolled 20K miles and not 25K. Now one year I felt brakes should be serviced so I chose to upgrade to Disc. I feel good about that portion of trailer suspension and tire wear doing complete yearly inspection and service. Thinking tires are about to age out and will be replacing in 2023 now they have been used 5 years. Never had a blowout or flat so there I have been lucky. Brother has owned 5th wheel two years longer had 4 blowouts. Replaced with G-rated 4 years back. We had to replace one tire when we serviced his electric brakes found one tire with chuck missing from hitting road debris. Now with E-rated tires he may had another blowout.
IMHO I choose to believe good service will give good performance.
Now if I can decide the lifetime for Springs they may be next. Especially if I choose to inspect/replace spring bushings next spring.Greaseable bolts think were 4 years ago.
Wish you safe travels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201104_163510.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	13459  

2017 Montana HC 353RL - Sailun S637's, Progressive EMS-HW50C
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC 6.7L SRW LB, B&W Companion OEM puck mt.
Pathfinder75 is offline   Reply With Quote