View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 03:12 PM   #17
laverdur
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11972
Either one will work well but I find the convenience of a hardwired unit to be worth the trouble of doing it that way. My Monty was easy. The 50 amp power cord connects to the back driver's side corner. The coach wiring from that connector to the converter is a straight shot through the belly of the coach until if t comes up through the floor behind the converter. My converter is located just inside the entrance door, under the coat closet. I started by removing the cloth covered panel in the basement, behind the converter. The 50 amp wiring to the converter was long enough to disconnect it from the breakers on the converter and pull it into the basement. I cut a couple holes in the panel for wiring to come into the EMS and wiring to go from the EMS to the converter. I purchased several feet of similar sized wire to make the connection from the EMS to the converter. I installed the EMS on the cloth covered panel, connected the wires to the EMS and to the converter and it was done. My EMS is marked so you can't make a mistake hooking up the wires. All that said, I am experienced in working with electricity so i found it quite easy. If you are not comfortable with electricity, best to leave it to someone who is. Good luck.