View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 10:08 AM   #19
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
One other thing to consider, especially with the Progressive EMS system, portable or hard wired..... If you run your camper on a generator, EMS systems will error out because they don't detect a ground when running the generator.

I know there are ways to circumvent the generators to create a ground, but if you are like me, I'm not that "electrically inclined." Dang, I can do anything with wood, ceramics, plumbing, roofing, concrete, but when it comes to the fine art of electricity, I'm not that great. I can run electric lines in a house, even connect to breaker boxes and such, but the fine intricacies involved with motors, engines, and "generators" is beyond me.

Anyway, something to keep in mind if you plan on running a generator... If you haven't figured it out.

The problem with the hard wired, placing them behind the basement wall in the front pass through area, or inside a cabinet that requires some kind of dismantling, even if you have a by-pass on the EMS, accessing it quickly and easily could still be a challenge. Anyway, not to create a dispute, just to draw attention about running with a generator.

Good luck. Happy Camping!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote