Thread: DEF Brands
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 11:34 AM   #13
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
I wasn't going to say anything but since it's out. I've been having trouble finding DEF in western NC for at least the last month. Walmart has been out for some time now.

Local O'Reilly had it so I bought a "box". Later found one at Walmart and bought it. Since the new variant I decided I should get another jug just in case.

None in any Walmart in the area so I went back to O'Reilly's. They still have it but not that much. I'm keeping it in the basement bay as it's supposed to have a two year shelf life if stored correctly.

Some information from a reliable source:

Quote:
Q. What is the shelf life of DEF?
A. The shelf life of DEF is a function of ambient storage temperature. DEF will degrade over time depending on temperature and exposure to sun light. Expectations for shelf life as defined by ISO Spec 22241-3 are the minimum expectations for shelf life when stored at constant temperatures. If stored between 10 and 90 deg F, shelf life will easily be one year. If the maximum temperature does not exceed approximately 75 deg F for an extended period of time, the shelf life will be two years.
https://www.cumminsfiltration.com/si...es/MB10033.pdf
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote