View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 05:07 PM   #8
Ttman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26744
Nice, we bought a 2002 3280RL in July 2020. We love our camper. I believe they were built better back then than they are now. I’m sure a couple of things changed between then and now, but its probably mostly the same. Ours came with and upgraded leather recliner couch and hide-a-bed love seat, upgraded TV antenna, satellite dish. Yours is a little different than ours. Looking at your pictures, your kitchen is on the drivers side, while ours is on the passenger side. So they flip flopped the main living area.

We found our pre-wired 2nd AC wasn’t pre wired at all. Also found that the service panel was only 45amps so it wasn’t big enough for a second AC. Needless to say, service panel was upgraded to 75amp to accommodate the second 15k AC. And allow for an outlet in the storage bay.

Ours had a broken and several damaged (ovaled) spring hangers, so I upgraded the suspension to Road Armor Equalizer and Mor-Ride heavy duty hangers with wet bolts. Got the Gen-Y Executive torsion flex 5th wheel pin box, new Sailun G rated tires and she tows like a dream now.

It way easier for me to justify the 11k we paid for it than the 70k plus they want for a new one. All the money we saved funded the upgrades with no additional debt hanging over our head.

I’ve had to do several repairs to the trailer, fix the front gray tank leak, it had a 2 cracks and the 2 tank sensors needed to be tightened. replace all interior lights with LED bulbs, and replace the bulbs in the outside area lights., install new flat screen TV’s in the living room and bedroom.

I still have several upgrades planned like getting a one piece paint on rubber roof from RV-Armor, back up camera, micro air easy starts on the AC units, I want to modify the dinning room table so I can get to the fridge with the slide closed without having to act like a mountain goat and climb over.

I have to agree with you about putting the water heater over the furnace. I had to use a tap on our anode rod opening to clean the threads up as it was caked with calcium, and wouldn’t go in far enough for my liking.

I also don’t like the 50amp plug location or the straight connection head. Ours is dead center in the back. I’ve tried 90 degree pieces to take the pressure off the plug because the cord is heavy, but they are at a worse angle because of the angle they connect together, so what I do is run the power cord by the ladder and put a velcro one-zee strap on it to reduce the leverage and weight on the plug.

Its a work in progress to get it 100% where we want, but were happy with it. I hope yours give you the same happiness! Safe travels
Ttman is offline   Reply With Quote