View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 10:29 AM   #19
Ttman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26744
I tow mine with my 2009 F250 6.4 SRW crew cab 4x4, currently it is at 69k original miles. So it hopefully has a long life ahead because I’m not paying 100k for a new one and the DEF requirement! I traded my 06 with the 6.0 for it new back in 09. Wish I still had my 06 and hadn’t traded. The 08-10 have the 6.4 with the lovely addition of the regeneration exhaust BS, but no DEF additive. 6.4 isn’t the best motor, it had a hit or miss legacy from everything I read, hopefully mine is a hit! I lost 2 to 4 MPG going from the 6.0 to the 6.4, and it will start a “cleaning exhaust filter” cycle right when I’m ready to pull in the driveway at home, so I have to go drive around wasting diesel fuel for 30 min until its done with the cleaning cycle.

I have a lot of Modifications/improvements/personalization ideas in mind for our camper. The bones are more solid than the new ones, and I’m lighter than comparable models so I am starting with a good foundation. Having to do work on a 60+k camper would really be ticking me off, but buying an older camper and tinkering and saving thousands of dollars makes me happy as it gives me something to do and it saved me money, so its a win win.
Ttman is offline   Reply With Quote