View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 01:26 PM   #12
Camp CA
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robokatz View Post
.......I can mount them so the RV is closer to cab a few inches, or closer to tailgate......... but what height seems to be best for a 2021-22 F350 dually and a Montana? Should I just mount at middle height for now? .....
Did not know you can mount the fifth wheel hitch in any other position than one when connected to the puck system in the truck bed. Height depends on whether you have a 4x2 or 4x4 since a 4x4 bed will sit higher. To determine the height, I followed this procedure:

1. With your trailer on a firm and level surface extend front trailer lifting jacks, adjust as required to set trailer at or near level.
2. Measure from the ground to under the trailer's kingpin box skid plate (or lube plate if used). This will be the portion in contact with the 5th wheel's skid plate once coupled.
3. Measure from the ground to the surface of the pickup bed.
4. Subtract the measurement from Step 2 from Step 1. This value will be near the height requirement for the hitch.
5. Confirm you have 5.5 - 7 inches between your truck bed rail and trailer cab underside.
Camp CA is offline   Reply With Quote