View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 04:40 PM   #18
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
Mike,
It doesn't really bind, but as the slide comes in it first angles upward over the glide strip, as it reaches midway it starts to angle downward until the bottom pulls in tight at which point it is fairly level. The point at which it angles down will lever the inner arm against the wear guides at the top of the outer arm which contribute to the crown problem. Depending on the vertical adjustment of the outer wall the inner arm may not be down on top of the gear pack when the slide is retracted, if so it can be pushing up against the wear guides (I learned this on today's call) and should be slowly adjusted so it doesn't push up there when the slide is closed. Further, if the arm is pushing up on the outer arm and wear guides when closed it will not be in firm contact with the gear pack which creates room for it to skip teeth. The idea is that the rack is down on the gear pack when closed but not pushing the slide up off of the glide strip.

After I hear back from Lippert (doubt they have another solution since this sefvice assembly doesn't fit), I plan to close my slide and see how it looks and adjust if required. I'll post photos of before and after to this thread.

I do think the outer arm could have been beefier or had a plate tacked to it like the screenshot in my post #13.

There are videos and pdf files on slide adjustments, but most important is to make very small adjustments.
RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote