View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 06:10 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Don't know how to respond about the pully yanked from the wall, other than it looks like it wasn't anchored correctly. I've got no clue how that would be fixed.

But, about photo posting. The link above explains how to post using this forum site. I use https://imgur.com/ as my photo hosting site. Create a user id and password and then you simply drag the photos from your computer to the site and they upload.

Before doing that, most forum sites have a size limitation on photos. So what I do, when I have a photo I want to post on a forum, I'll open the photo on my computer using the right mouse click and "Open With". Instead of letting the computer default to the photo application, select "Paint". Open with Paint. (Microsoft's original very simple photo editing program that comes with every Windows install.)

The next thing I do is resize the photo to 640 x 480 pixels or smaller. If the photo is in "portrait" position, I also rotate it 90 degrees and put it in "landscape". Then save the edited photo under a new name so I retain the original photo as is and make sure it's saved as a .jpeg image somewhere on my computer.

I can now drag the new edited photo into imgur.com. Once on imgur.com I open the image, and do a right click on the image to bring up the image URL. I copy that URL and then paste it with the link on the forum.

I know this sounds like a lot of steps, and I guess it is, but the entire process takes less than a minute once you done it a time or two.

imgur.com is absolutely free too. No gimmicks, absolutely free. I do get an occasional add from that site offering to use their paid subscription which give you more storage.

If you have noticed, on public available web sites, forums, chat room, everything, if you attempt to post a photo taken in "portrait" position, the web site will almost always turn it sideways to make it "landscape", and the end result is, your photo is turned sideways.

So, in order to simplify things from the very beginning, avoid taking photos in the "portrait" position of your camera or phone. Always take them in landscape if you plan to upload them to an internet site somewhere.

When taking odd angle photos from a cell phone, the phone image will probably rotate automatically, which can cause an unwanted "portrait" photo. When that happens, for example taking a photo straight down, go to your phone setting, and click off the "auto rotate" feature on your phone. Then the image will always stay in landscape, no matter what angle the phone is in. Once the photo is taken, switch back on the "auto rotate" feature.

If you do it this way, this web site will recognize both landscape and portrait images.

Landscape.... yesterday's breakfast:

Portrait, same image:

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote