View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 01:56 PM   #5
NWCampers
Established Member

M.O.C. #29366
Got it fixed

In case someone finds themselves in our position, in need of moving the rv and can’t get the sides back in due to the cable pulley tearing away from the wall I thought I’d post our solution. After sending pictures to the dealer for repair we were told this unfortunately is rather common. They said the fix is a steel plate attached to the wall with larger screws and then the pulley remounted. Since we were supposed to be on the road today we decided to do the repairs ourselves. Using a jack we supported the slide in that corner then loosened the cables enough to work with the pulley. The service tech said it’s important before loosening the cables to measure the ends to the adjustment nut so after reattachment we would have them back at the correct tension. After losing the cables we cut a steel plate and mounted it to the wall at the studs then attached the cables pulley and tightened the cables back. We ran the slide in and out several times and it seems to have worked. The service tech is ordering plates for the other pulleys and we’ll be adding those as a precaution. It took about 2hrs to do this repair and we don’t want to have it ruin anymore trips if another one comes out.

And thank you for the advice on posting pictures. I took this one in landscape so hopefully it posts correctly.

Also, Dutchman, your breakfast looks great! I notice in the background you have a carpet runner on your steps. If you don’t mind my asking, how did you attach it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C56F4E74-FAD1-432F-9DA1-20C8180EE7D5.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	391.2 KB
ID:	11540  
NWCampers is offline   Reply With Quote