Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 07:24 AM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Welcome to the forums. Don't be shy, jump right in and share your experiences. We all learn from each other.

All last year, both my wife and I worked-from-camper when our companies closed the doors and sent us all home with our lap-top computers. It was the best year of our lives. We traveled and worked from the camper. We planned some time back at the house around doctor visits, our doggie vet visits, and to plan a couple minor fixes on the camper. We traveled from South Carolina to Upper Michigan and Wisconsin. We stayed 6 weeks in January and February in Alabama and then the remainder of the year was traveling, moving about ever 2 weeks. It was a fantastic year.

I retired in January 2022, but my wife is still working from camper. She's a permanent "home office". And we are doing the same thing this year now. We're getting ready for our second "gauntlet" of travels in about 2 weeks: several state parks in Indiana, then a private campground in West Virginia, then a month as a campground host in North Carolina.

So, if your wife has the ability to work from home, it's very doable. No reason to wait to enjoy traveling. Plan long term route, then plan on staying at State Parks, or private parks about every 75 to 100 miles apart, stay for a week or two and then move on.

By the way, if you have a normal Monday through Friday work schedule, plan on using Sunday as your break-camp day, travel day, and set up camp at the new campground day. That's why traveling a drive time of 3-4 hours works well. This way, you don't loose time from work or have to take vacation time to break camp, travel, and set up camp again.

I hope you can do it. It's a fantastic way of life!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote