Old 10-18-2020, 11:38 AM   #9
214skier
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26580
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixonFamilyRV View Post
214skier,

Thank you for your reply. Your comments were very helpful indeed:

1) The dealer is helping with the warranty claim on the LED strip. I asked that they just send me the LED strip for me to install myself. Super minor issue, but super annoying that it arrived that way. But, ok. Stuff happens. We'll fix it.

2) It's really quite reassuring to hear you say that your coach is comfortable in hot weather, because that was definitely not our experience a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't being too analytical of the A/C performance at the time because we were just parked on a family member's property on plain old 15A residential service, so I was only trying to run one A/C at a time anyway. But when I got it to an RV park later in the week on 50A service, I was expecting a nice cool down from having both A/C units running at full power. That's when I discovered that the rear unit isn't chilling the air coming in at all, it was just blowing warm ambient air in from outdoors. Bummer. I don't have a dealer local to me, so I'll find a way to handle that issue eventually.

3) I also run airbags on my truck for stability. I also started to learn that dumping air out of the bags when coming into town limits made it a little bit less stressy getting in and out of gas stations and parking lots. However, even when I let the truck squat as much as it's going to, I'm still nose-high, and tail-low. I'll attach a photo of the rig that was taken at a rest stop on the first trip out about two weeks ago.

Regarding lifting the suspension on the trailer to help level it with the truck, does that make the trailer actually ride taller on the road? That's actually a concern of mine, I don't want to make the trailer any higher than it already is. I'm at about 13' 6" at the top of the front A/C when hitched to my truck with the airbags pressurized.

Thank you!
Russ
HI Russ,

Yes, the body lift on the 5er will increase its height overall; however, if you are moving to level the rig, what is increasing in height is mid and rear, bringing that to level with the nose. So generally, you will not be increasing height above the highest point on your rig right now.