View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 06:21 AM   #13
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by laverdur View Post
... The good news is, at least in my rig, is that the fluid gauge for the fresh tank seems to be accurate so you can match how much you put in there to our needs.
My fresh water sensor works very well too, but at incriments at full - 3/4 - 1/2 - 1/4 - and empty, there a pretty big gap knowing really, how much water I'm adding.

In order to control and know exactly how much water is going in, especially if I do not want to fill the tank completely, I picked up (Amazon) one of these water meters and just leave it connected at my fresh water inlet on the camper all the time. One button resets to zero gallons for every fill up. The second button is accumulative. If you want to track how much water runs through the house over several fill ups. Then the second button will reset when you are ready.

I use one setting for each fill up. The other for each total usage for an entire trip, or between campgrounds, if we are on the road. It's interesting to see exactly how much water you are actually using .... even if you from yur fresh water tank. It does make you keenly aware of your water usage:

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote