Thread: Shower Pan Flex
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 04:50 PM   #12
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
If the area of the shower pan that flexes is located between floor joists, you could cut a 1 1/2" track in the floor at that spot about 4" long. Insert a 2x4 up into that track, and while holding it up against the bottom of the tub, mark a line along the side of the 2x4 along the bottom of the RV floor. Cut the excess off the 2x4. Then cut a piece of 3/4" plywood so it overlaps the track you cut by 2 inches on all sides . Glue and screw that 2x4 to the piece of plywood. Then insert the 2x4 up into the track and glue and screw the plywood to the underneath side of the floor. I would use Titebond waterproof glue. This should give you extra support at that spot.

My shower was plastic and cracked. I had to replace my base. There was 3/4" styrofoam under my old and new bases which crushed with use. I removed the styrofoam from the under side of my new base and cleaned off the glue that it was attached with. I replaced the styrofoam with a piece of 3/4" rubber matt from Tractor Supply. Seems like better support and has been lasting so far.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote