View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 05:21 PM   #10
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
[QUOTE=ToolMan;1242767 One of the best features of the 2200's is you can shut off the fuel and run the carburetor dry so the fuel doesn't gum up the carb if you don't use it for a while.[/QUOTE]

This is a great feature. Neither of my Harbor Freight generators have a separate fuel cutoff. Both are an easy fix for $10. The 2000 watt involves opening up the left side unhook a ground wire and adding a toggle switch hooking one side of the back to the ground and drilling a hole in the plastic case for the toggle switch. The 3500 watt generator is even easier. Buy a connector unhook a black wire add a toggle switch. Take the 12 volt reset switch out replace it with the toggle switch and put the front panel back on.
I have several of the black connectors. They come in a pack of 12 so if you have one of these generators or one like the Harbor Freight model I’ll send you a set. I would not be surprised of many of the Honda clones are like or similar enough that the connectors will work.
You can get a remote start stop for the Harbor Freight for $129. It’s a 30 minute mod with no altering the generator. It’s plug and play and works for a 100 feet or so.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote