View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #14
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by chittumbark View Post
A boondocking friend has Sailun tires on stock 80# wheels on an 06 3400rl. He has run them at the max wheel rating and is having significant wear on the shoulders of the tread face, inside and outside edges, front and back axles. His rig is around 13,500 axle weight. He will be upgrading rims. Classic overloaded under inflated scenario.
At one time ,and according to reports on this forum, the rims on my 2008 3400RL were recertified to 110 psi, and some members were even sent stickers to put on their rims. My rims had no markings for weight or psi.

After reading those reports , I had the G614's installed. Not long after the manufacturer changed their minds , and went back to the 80 psi rating. No idea why they changed their minds, but I'm guessing the liability or whatever. Anyway I ran those G614's for 6.5 years at 95-100 psi without issue.

I now have the Sailuns on the same rims, and run them the same 95-100 psi. No way saying to run those 80 psi rims he has at anything other then the 80 psi, but at one time my rims were thought to be okay for 110 psi. I have no worries about mine after running them for nearly 8 years at the psi I do. The rims now going on their eleventh year , and now the third set of tires on them.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote