View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 06:07 PM   #13
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
I am always amazed at how many of us think our solution is the best. However, everyone of us camps and lives differently. And we all have different budgets. For us, I was looking for a way to connect into fast WiFi without having to reset Firestick, Blink, Echo, WiFi plugs and computers every stop. The Winegard allows us to tap into fast WiFi, SIM cards or hot spots. We found our unlimited phone from Verizon only gave us 15 gb in hotspot mode. A friend told us about the T-Mobile plan which has been offered and discontinued. We get 100 gb for $55/month ($50 if I autopay) on a Franklin hotspot device. Unbelievably it works at our house on the mountain, vs nothing with our Verizon. So, our T-Mobile Franklin stays working 24/7 in our Montana, plus gives us backup WiFi when we get 100 mph winds and lose power like last week at home. Plus we have another 30 gb available with our Verizon phones. We have been waiting for Elon to lead us from the darkness. Our friend’s business WiFi plan is cheaper yet for 500 gb/month. And, it could also stay in the RV. So, there are lots of options out there for your needs and budgets. Most of us were trying to respond to the original question- what’s that WiFi thing on the ceiling? It is but one option and has allowed us flexibility and 24/7 internet without leaving our phone in our unit. And, with In-Command I can check on the temp, change the temp, turn on lights and get notices if something goes wrong. Again, we all have different needs. Find what works for you and enjoy your journey. The only thing certain about technology is it is constantly changing.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote