View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 01:51 PM   #14
hosssmith
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14197
Quote:
Originally Posted by navybanker View Post
Had to have truck towed to large Chevy dealership near me. Several problems after month long trip to reset stabilitrak/traction control after car pulled out in front to me and stopped/low coolant. Truck would not start and probably starter. Airbag recall and they have that part. Luckily, made it back home before it would not start. Yes, went thru all checks to see if battery or other problems, etc. Service department said could take 10 to 14 weeks because of backlog on repairs, etc. AAA tow truck driver said this is a common problem currently at repair places/dealerships. This is about the backlog not how to fix the problems. Anyone else have similar issues with backlogs?
Thanks,
This is not RV related but something we all need to be thinking about.
I am in the trucking business and tires are becoming an issue. I just bought tires for future use because I'm afraid I won't be able to get them in a few months when I need them. I paid double what I paid for tires a few months ago. We are having to look much harder to find parts and the prices on parts are increasing rapidly.

We fuel on our yard and I buy fuel in truck load quantities. Diesel is going right on up as you see at fuel stations on the road. Our propane supplier advised us to fill our tanks because he is concerned about getting propane during the winter months.

I'm not hoarding tires or parts but I know I can't operate without them and ordering and purchasing ahead has become the order of the day in the center of Texas.

In short if you think you may need something in a few months you might want to consider making the purchase now if you can find it.
hosssmith is offline   Reply With Quote