View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #11
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
I know that if we get too carried away with this global-eco-political conversation, the moderators will close the thread. As consumers we are becoming more and more limited on how many products we can purchase that are made in the USA. The name of the game in deregulated capitalism is to earn the highest margins possible at lowest cost possible. If you watch the SHARK TANK, you have witnessed the 'sharks' asking upcoming entrepreneurs if they have looked into getting their products made in Asia.

As consumers we can do our best to buy American, but the harm to what was once 'healthy capitalism' starts with not providing jobs to the consumer base that you depend on. There are many books written by many economic scholars on this principal. I keep a list of USA manufacturers in a file on my computer and buy from that list as often as I can. That list gets smaller every time i research it to do updates. Toyota, Nissan, BMW, and others (including FORD) know the drill! They all built manufacturing plants in the US while Chrysler and GM were borrowing money from us (taxpayers) and building plants in Mexico.

While what we do as consumers does make a difference, Incentives for manufacturers to move plants overseas is the basis for one of the most significant impacts to our economy. Some good articles here about how some of our corporations are changing this ( i read the book 22 years ago, greed interrupted the message getting to the folks that make the change: https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote