View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 03:30 AM   #13
Chipf2
Established Member

M.O.C. #13493
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Bone

Weather Goodyear's are made in the USA or not doesn't matter to me. I had a set on my car new from the factory and they were crap. One separated on the inside about 3/4 the way around. Service guy found it during a oil change. Had another tire same car same set of tires wear out on the inside edge. Thought it was a alignment problem. It was out 2 degrees. I will never buy another set of Goodyear's for anything.
I have shared the same kind of issues with Goodyear tires, both on my vehicle and trailers. Had 5 SRA's separate over two years, Goodyear would prorate the tires for replacements, which also separated. Tires on the RV, boat trailer, livestock trailer, & utility trailer have all had issues with Goodyear's. I am done with them.
I would love to have a made in USA alternative. I am a retired veteran with 26 years & have put in my time, blood, sweat, & tears to give us the freedoms we have to include choice (and are loosing-but that is for another forum.) Please, someone, make quality USA built tires that will hold up to our usages and travels. By the way, I wear USA built New Balance running shoes & hiking boots!
Chipf2 is offline   Reply With Quote