View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #30
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kab449

I can't believe that, after all the posts one this forum about the problems we all face with these trailers, anyone could think the manufacturer follows any type of code except git-er-done!
Without question there are far to many issues associated with the manufacture and quality control on all RV's. However there certainly are regulations that must be adhered to with respect to propane gas, what must be put on the VIN sticker as well as what must be displayed regarding GVWR, GAWR and tires, and I am sure other items. I also suspect but cannot point directly to rules that govern electrical codes other than that which I referred to in Article 551 of the NEC.

The OP commented that the type of receptacle used did meet code, however it was not what he would recommend with respect to the connection of the wires. Take a look at the crap sold by some of the big box stores and you will find it meets code but I would not use some of it myself. His post suggests the problem is not only cheap legal parts, but poor installation procedures.

I would like to think that when I am hooked up to a 50 amp breaker in an RV park that the electrical equipment and it's installation in my RV meets some established code, and that code has been adhered to when constructing my RV. I am under no delusions about workmanship and quality control so maybe I am just a dreamer.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote