Thread: Oversized Rig
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 09:13 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We also have driven through those places and never been questioned. Back in our stick house days we towed a boat behind an earlier fifthwheel, total length 64' 10" (65' was legal there). I know what Glenn says is true, most states will honor the state of registration rules but sometimes you have to convince the cop that he should call in to confirm that. Never had the "opportunity" to find out, though.

Carol, you don't like towing through busy areas? I tend to barrel straight on through the big cities, except at rush hour. When we left RC and Samantha's place north of Detroit and I told them we plan to go straight through Detroit so we could at least see a little of the city, I think she at that point was thoroughly convinced I'm insane. Or maybe Vicki told her. Big cities don't bother me. By the way, our trip through Detroit turned out relaxed and uneventful. Very light traffic, decent road, no serious construction. Los Angeles (I-5 south to north), on the other hand, was more fun (?). What a rough set of freeways.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote