View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 06:30 PM   #14
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan & Jan View Post
ChuckS is correct. This has been an ongoing problem for quite awhile now across many different RV units. I wonder when it becomes worthy of a class action lawsuit?

The problem on our 2020 3701LK frame was discovered at this years MOC Rally in Goshen by Keystone techs performing other minor repairs. Julie from Keystone came to the rally to verify the work and scheduled us for repairs at the factory commencing the last day of the rally and taking 3 business days to complete. We could then resume our trip schedule. Long story short, rather than do the repair at the factory, they subbed the repair to Affinity (who did a great job) but the repairs took 10 days to complete and due to other Keystone SNAFUs we were without our RV for a total of 3+ weeks. We are full timers so were out of pocket for lodging and food for that time. A few other minor repairs not necessarily warranty were performed as a sort of semi-appeasement for those issues. When we finally got our unit back, there was a significant gouge in the linoleum from a loose nut. By now, Julie has moved on and Amanda Looker is the service writer for our repair. Last week she emails us to go to a dealer for repair rather than her schedule one of Keystones national floor and furniture repair vendors to come to us with their mobile service. I complain we have already been without our place to live for more than 3 weeks and our RV spending more weeks waiting at a dealer to have repairs that can be performed at any RV park, is unsatisfactory. So after another 3 weeks, she evidently decides she doesn't wish to complete this task and today emails that any further communications should go to Owner Relations at their main 866 phone number. If you ever deal with calling that main phone, you will appreciate the frustration of being on hold forever and having to go through multiple staff and phone calls to get anything done.

It would be different if this were the only warranty problem we ever had with our now barely 2 year old unit but we have had a litany of poor workmanship problems that were finally reconciled after much "gnashing of teeth". In my opinion, Keystone was redeeming themselves for past issues with the way they now approached the repair at the rally so we were considering moving up to a new large Fuzion toy hauler. The unwillingness by their staff to follow thru is again burning that bridge and over such a minor issue. Penny wise, dollar foolish or maybe they just dont care.
My unit is at the dealers for broken welds at the back sidewalls. The service manager said they have good aluminum welders now since there are a lot of cracks like mentioned above!!! Seems like the dealers even know there are issues.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote