Thread: DEF Brands
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 06:51 AM   #28
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
So if it`s getting bad down under, what have they done to correct this. As much as I watch the news I didn`t realize the run on DEF until I went to buy some and found none at Walmart.
Has China given a reason they cut off Australia, are they going to cut us off to or do we get Def products from some one else that doesn't have an agenda. Not that I`m worried but if it gets any worse I`ll go get a 50 gallon drum and fill it at at truck stop and put it in the garage for next traveling season.
When I first started finding empty shelves at more than one store I did some research and found this:

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...s-supply-chain

Things are apparently getting dire in Australia. This is the latest:

Quote:
Australia could run out of a crucial component of diesel fuel within weeks, with an expert warning nobody knows how much we have left.
The nation, along with other developed nations, has been facing an AdBlue crisis for weeks, with fears that if the additive runs out, trucks could be taken off the road, sparking a chain of shortages on supermarket shelves across the country.

Urea is a large component in fertiliser and a key ingredient in AdBlue. Australia typically imports the ingredient from China, but a recent halt on exports has had a significant effect on supply.

Transport and agriculture industries warn that without AdBlue - which can’t be made without urea - trucks could be unable to transport fresh fruit and vegetables along with other staples to supermarket shelves.

“Most trucks have to use AdBlue. The major ingredient in that is urea, and obviously China has now halted the export of urea ... 80 per cent of our urea comes from China,” Marcus Carmont, executive director of supply chain consulting firm TMX Global, told the ABC.
https://www.news.com.au/finance/econ...2f7659289dab56

We are full timers that use our truck to not only move the "house" but also for daily transportation which is why I bought three jugs. If we still had a sticks and bricks with alternate transportation and the Montana stored somewhere I'd be less concerned.
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote