View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 10:57 AM   #18
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Callahans View Post
will continue to update this as i return from trips and put it back in storage. now that the water levels in the battery are topped off it will be interesting to see if i can go an extended period without the batteries going dead.
If your batteries went 100% dead, your batteries may have lost more that half their capacity. You will likely have battery issues from now on. Pull them out, charge them with a battery charger, take them somewhere to be LOAD tested to find out what the real status of your batteries are. You might need to replace your batteries, but you won’t know for sure until they are load tested. I disconnect my negative after turning off my key first. I keep my battery on a true trickle charger while in storage. I run one 100 amp hour wet battery with no issues, but I do not have a residential fridge or inverter. My compressor cooled unit is 12V and pulls less than 1.5 amps when running. While your fridge is off and in storage, make sure to keep the doors open so you do not get mold. Good luck.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote