View Single Post
Old 09-17-2023, 01:48 PM   #24
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingdownthehighway View Post
Ok, here is a new one. We're seasonal this year. I flush the black tank before we leave with the tank flush and the 'blaster', however, no paper is coming out, only 'clear' water. Yesterday the gauge was reading full, so I tried emptying it but only liquids came out, no paper. however, the gauge was bouncing from 1/3 to empty. I even raised the front as high as I could and still no paper. Now, there is water in the toilet.

Any thoughts on how to get it unclogged and get the paper out? Clear Liquids are draining, so it appears not to be 100% clogged, just no paper is coming out. We do put the stuff in the tank to break up everything, but after two flushes it can go from empty to 2/3 full. (I know the gauge is never 100% accurate).

I'm going to get the wand today and try and see if I can break it up anything in the tank, but any thoughts and anything I can try to get the paper released?
I have posted about this product before. Unique brand “Digest It” is a microbial black tank treatment that literally eats poo and breaks down toilet paper. It will also break down any poo pyramid. It helps keep your toiled gauges clean as well. It also kills all black tank odors. It is a liquid in a bottle and available from Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers. I have used it for the last four years and won’t go back to anything else. For your situation, follow the direction and maybe add an ounce extra. Fill your black tank 3/4 full and let it sit a few days and let the microbes do their thing. When you drain your tank you will likely not see any TP, and if you had solid waste or a poo pyramid, you should see just brown water. When camping, the instructions say NOT to flush your black tank as you flush all the microbes with it. Just add back 3-5 gallons of water, add more treatment per direction, and you are ready to go. You can also use this product in your grey tank. Flush your black and grey tanks when putting your rig back in storage. If your issue is in the pipe between your toilet bowl and your holding tank, a wand and hot water might be your best option. Once you get things cleared up, I highly recommend using this product on a regular basis and you should not have any clog or stink issues in the future. Hope this helps
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote