Thread: Montana Legacy
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 03:24 PM   #26
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsinbox View Post
We wanted full body paint and it comes with Legacy. For more information on how nice the Legacy package is below is a video link. We did have to order to get full body paint but we thought the resale would be better since there aren't too many out there.

We have no regrets!
Happy travels!
Sorry to break it to you the Legacy Package adds little to the resale value. Last year we purchased our 2019 3791RD Used with Legacy and full body paint. The previous owner only had it for about 6 months. The MSRP was $110K they paid $86K I bought it used for $58K. Like all that purchase a new Montana you will take a bath when you decide to sell it, these thing depreciate like crazy (we would NEVER buy new). Let me add we bought ours from a dealer.

Having owner a legacy with full body paint i would not order one with Legacy if I did buy new.

The Brakes are great (I would add those myself though), the in command take it or leave it.

The Cord reel nice but it is a challenge to get it to wind properly without having to hand control the cord making it a dirty job.

The cabinet Stiles (really that is an upgrade) no big deal.

Gen Prep nice to have but I do not plan to use a installed gen ( I will use portable if needed.

The Furrion Camera system is total junk, I plan to remove it and install a wired system.

Full Body paint I do really like not $9K like but I do like it, however I can easily live without it. Here in the NW with all the trees paint can easily scratch, at least with the standard gel coat it is easily repaired. although the stickers have a limited life.

So overall having owned a newer legacy package Montana I would not spend extra except for the Brakes, however I am proud of the Montana Legacy we own and get lots of compliments on the Full Body paint from many including other Montana owners.

Bottom line though that $9K for Legacy plus the cost of Paint you will be lucky to get 10%-20% of that back when you resell however you will likely sell yours faster then non legacy competition for sale at the same time.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote