View Single Post
Old 08-08-2023, 09:44 AM   #5
RVRoadrambler

M.O.C. #24372
Thank you for the responses and links. I have actually already scoured through those threads previously regarding the Darco fabric fraying and whatnot. But this issue is with the front living room slides which are covered with a hard plastic or fiberglass siding of some sort. The one side is black & textured ( not Darco) and the other is smooth tan which matches the body of most the rest of the rig. I believe it was suggested to be "Filon" by someone above. But, it is this slide that has, not just tracking marks, but an actual indentation or puncture at the place where the nylon roller rests during travel. These are cable driven slides not hydraulic and my hangup was mostly on whether a roll of 1/8" UHMW with adhesive would be as rigid as placing strips of 1/8" sheet of the same material?

I mentioned not wanting to replace the entire flooring because on another thread when I mentioned this problem before, someone had stated that the Filon was probably used because it was end of shift and they didn't have anymore of the plastic that should be on the bottom (like the black stuff on the other side) and that it is not as strong of a material and not sufficient for handling that kind of wear and abuse when going down the road.

Here is a link to the UHMW rolls with adhesive backing that I am pondering:

https://www.eplastics.com/accessories/plastic-tape/SLICKSTRIP0-125X12-000-PER-FT
RVRoadrambler is offline   Reply With Quote