View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 03:29 PM   #32
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamc View Post
I posted this on my Facebook a couple of weeks ago but thought I'd post it here as well. Thanks to Kowbra we were able to contact Matt Wolkins at Future Solutions, who designed the Super Solar Flex for Montana. We set up appt after picking up our trailer in Michigan.

Ok, the new batteries have been installed by Future Solutions supervised by Matt Wolkins in Elkhart, Indiana. They are the geniuses who developed the Super Solar Package for the Keystone Montana. We have four 265 watt solar panels. Unfortunately, there was no room on the roof to add any more panels to our Montana 3120 (35 footer). We now have 4 Dragonfly 250 amp hr lithium batteries for a total of 1000 ah. There was just enough room to install the 2 extra batteries without taking more from basement storage. Matt said we are the prototype for a future offering of a Super Solar 4 battery option. They want to make sure it works well. Then there is the 3000 watt inverter. We stayed in the parking lot of their facility for several days using just solar. We never got below 62% of our capacity-and that was with overcast skies.
We also had Future Solutions build a connection from the truck's alternator to the lithium batteries so they could be charged while we are driving or idling. We haven't tried to run the 2 air conditioners yet. But, we ran the furnace all night, watched TV, used the microwave, ran a cpap all night, water pump, and lights and still had 62% battery capacity left at 7:30 the next morning and then the it was up to 71% by 9:30am. We ended the day at 7:00pm with 83% capacity going into the evening and again had 62% the next morning.
After driving for 2 hours this morning we are up to 72%.
If we had full sunny days the figures would be much better. So far, we are very pleased!
The attached photos:... the Dragonfly battery and inside of solar box. Please note how much storage is lost due to solar package. Even with that we are very pleased!
Pamc,

I'm so glad you were able to make the connections and get the work done. That was fast! And, thanks for posting the pictures, very helpful!

I am curious about the extra batteries and the truck charging solution. I have emailed Matt for more info.
If you are able, can you share the approximate pricing for the extra batteries and the truck charging setup?

Thanks again,
Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote